Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dream Entry 2

I don't know if it's the heat but my sleep has been really off. Seemingly, at the same time, it's also been making me have more vivid dreams. I suppose I'm normally a deep sleeper and that's why I don't have as many as other people. This dream doesn't seem all that significant but it's one that I remember having had before.

I keep dreaming that I am back in Vancouver in our old apartment. I'm there with my family and I seem to know that we're just visiting for a while. In the dream I know that the apartment isn't really our home, but rather it's something of a "vacation" home that we go to. It doesn't really make sense though, as to why we kept that apartment considering it wasn't exactly nice.

The dreams are all different in some way but I can't recall how. In some I remember old friends in flashes of images or us preparing to go to some vacation spot. I remember this time however there were clothes all over the living room. I vaguely remember a time when I've seen it that way in the past but this was more clothes than that apartment would have had room for. The living room was also disorganized with furniture in random places. I also remember the front door being open and walking out onto the balcony/porch.

Then the dream shifts into a conversation on the balcony. I don't know who I am talking to but we're discussing about what to do. I remember being a little annoyed and saying that we had to catch some hockey game. Maybe it was watching too much How I Met Your Mother, but honestly, I couldn't care less about the game.So it's really interesting as to why I felt so adamant about needing to go watch the game.

Then the dream changes again and I'm in my old room. The furniture is all gone, but in the dream I remember feeling that was alright, yet at the same time eerie. I don't know if this was entirely all dream or partly a recollection of memories. I wonder this because when I woke I was left with the impression that we were moving away. But at the same time the apartment that I was in wasn't the one we had lived in before moving to our current home. The apartment in my dream was the one directly above the one where we moved from. The same building and layout, but distinctly the one above the old. But "my" room that I was in wasn't my room in the old apartment.

Maybe I'm remembering the chaos of that move and the empty bedroom was my new room downstairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment