Monday, March 12, 2012

The Power of Emotion

30 Trine Moon - Pluto

"He wavers between a rich and successful domestic life and social success. He has difficulty in succeeding in both. Very perceptive and given to psychoanalyzing people. A strategist. Powerful emotions and intense feelings."

I saw this part of my natal chart and it really hit home for me. At first it seemed so negative. But I wondered how much of it actually is under my control? I can't guarantee my own success as much as a Wall Street broker can his. What difficulty, then, do I truly face? They must be internal.

This makes sense with the last bit, and part of my point, in that I have, "powerful emotions." This makes me wonder, to what degree do emotions have power? And if I have them, is it lacking in others? Or do the internal struggles that permeate my, "domestic life and social success," have some influence that I cannot overcome? My feelings influence my attitude while attitude is my approach to situations.

Then why do I have such great feelings? Where do my senses of justice and injustice reside? Aesthetic and tasteless? Comforting and disgusting? Love and hate. Where do these dualities reside within my consciousness?

What do these competing factors have in store for me? Why must I choose to do the right thing? Why is it not innate? We are seemingly aware of what is right, but then become swarmed by emotions that compel us to further our own destructive end. Yet at the same time our good fortunes become not of our own doing, and are gifts of the universe and we are removed from taking pride in our work. How then are our deeds a measure of our cosmic alignment toward good and evil?

No comments:

Post a Comment